Become a Certified Laughter Facilitator and lead group sessions that
combine laughter exercises and yogic breathing. Laughter programs are a
great addition to your coaching, speaking or yoga/wellness practice!
What is a Laughter Session? Laughter sessions challenge you to laugh, intentionally, for 30 minutes. Facilitators lead a group through exercises that bring out a child-like playfulness while breathing, clapping, moving, and, of course, laughing. The structured laughter quickly leads to genuine, and often contagious, laughter. The laughter sessions begin with a brief discussion about the psychology of happiness and the benefits of laughter, followed by breathing exercises, laughter games, and relaxation techniques. Participants leave feeling energized!
Benefits of Laughter: Laughter has many psychological, emotional, and physical healing benefits, including: lowering blood pressure, releasing stress, boosting the immune system, toning core muscles, natural pain killer, stimulates creativity, productivity, and motivation, exercising your heart and lungs, and elevating mood, dissolves distressing emotions such as anxiousness, anger, or sadness.
Clinical research has also proven that laughter lowers the level of stress hormones (epinephrine, cortisol, etc) in the blood. This causes a reduction in the feelings of stress. The yogic breathing portion of laughter sessions has additional stress-busting benefits. It is a gentle aerobic exercise that oxygenates the body and blood, which leads to participants feeling energized. Theses are just some of the many benefits of laughter and yogic breathing.
All of our online courses and certifications are completely virtual! They consist of video instruction, with instructors Joeel and Natalie Rivera. Our
courses are highly interactive and fun (especially this one)! Complete this program from
anywhere in the world and at your own pace (and even in your pajamas if
you want to!). This
course contains 2.5 hours of video instruction and demonstrations.
What will I be able to do when I complete this training?
- Lead laughter sessions involving laughter exercises and yogic breathing
- Teach about the psychology of happiness and how laughter benefits the health of mind and body
- Design workshops or programs based off this program or add to your additional programs
- Facilitate laughter programs for diverse groups, including individuals interested in wellness, as well as seniors, children, corporate, etc
- Conduct 1-on-1 sessions to help clients release resistance, decrease stress and increase joy and wellbeing
Who is this for?
- Yoga instructors or other wellness professionals
- Life coaches, counselors or social workers
- Teachers or youth workers
- Professional speakers or workshop facilitators
- Activity or recreational directors
- Anyone who wants to have fun and make a difference
What will I receive?
- A complete blueprint for conducting laughter sessions in schools, nursing homes, corporations, wellness studios or integrate with your current workshops or private sessions
- Dozens of laughter and breathing exercises to use to design your customized laughter session or include with your current programs
- Detailed research, facts and concepts to teach about the psychology of happiness and the benefits of laughter
- Tips for designing your program, engaging your audience, and memorizing your exercises
- Business tips for designing your sessions and determining locations to hold and market them
- Strategies for implementing laughter sessions in your practice, whether you’re a speaker, coach, counselor, activity director, yoga instructor, teacher or other professional.
STUDENTS WHO COMPLETE EVERY LESSON IN THIS COURSE WILL RECEIVE AN OFFICIAL CERTIFICATION FROM TRANSFORMATION SERVICES, INC., AS WELL AS THE CERTIFIED LAUGHTER FACILITATOR LOGO TO USE IN HIS/HER MARKETING MATERIAL. EMAIL CONTACT@TRANSFORMATION-UNIVERSITY.COM WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED.
- About Laughter and Breathing Exercises
- Laughter Exercises
- Breathing Exercises
- Demo of Clap/Breath/Laugh
- Laughter Exercises BASIC, Part 1
- Laughter Exercises BASIC, Part 2
- Laughter Exercises BASIC, Part 3
- Laughter Exercises BASIC, Part 4
- Laughter Exercises BASIC, Part 5
- Laughter Exercises ADVANCED, Part 6
- Laughter Exercises ADVANCED, Part 7
- Breating Exercises, Part 1
- Breating Exercises, Part 2
- Breating Exercises, Part 3
Joeel & Natalie Rivera
Meet the Instructors
About the Instructor
Joeel and Natalie Rivera are a dynamic duo, as a husband-and-wife team, partners in crime, and BFFs! They are freedom junkies and prolific content creators who have been coaching, speaking, writing, and teaching for more than a decade.
Joeel is a former psychology professor with a Master’s Degree in Counseling and Education and is currently completing his dissertation on eudaemonic happiness for his Ph.D. in Psychology. Using the science of psychology and human potential, they train leading edge entrepreneurs, leaders, life coaches, and individuals how to master the power of their mind and create their destiny.
Joeel & Natalie have started more than a dozen businesses, including (in chronological order) imports, photography, non-profit teen center, life coaching, t-shirts, magazine, book publishing, professional speaking, conferences and workshops, holistic virtual office center, online directory, life coach training, online course publishing AND MORE!
They’ve taken what they’ve learned through their successes and (most importantly) failures, and today they run a powerhouse education and publishing company.
JOEEL’S BEGINNINGS: From an early age, Joeel faced adversity, including failing his first year of college and losing his brother to a car accident at the age of 19. This experience transformed his life and instilled a deep sense of purpose by inspiring him to give his brother Daniel’s name a meaning by helping others find their true path.
In 2009, he fulfilled his dream of opening a youth center in honor of his brother. Shortly thereafter, life called him a different direction and Natalie answered a Craigslist ad and took over his position of co-founder of this business.
NATALIE’S BEGINNINGS: After a decade of living a life that wasn’t authentically hers, and developing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as a result, Natalie let go of everything and completely transformed. Through her journey to healing, she rediscovered her true self and greater purpose—to be an entrepreneur and inspire others to transform their lives. Natalie “retired” from the rat race at 24, put herself through school as a freelance designer. Days before graduating college (finally) she answered an ad for a business partner running a non-profit teen center.
JOINING FORCES: While Joeel & Natalie met for only 30 minutes during this transition of ownership, two years later they reconnected and recognized how synchronistically the stars had aligned to bring them together. They joke of the irony of how they “starting the same business, just not at the same time” and they’ve been co-creating in life and business ever since.
JOINING THE INFORMATION AGE: Joeel & Natalie joined the information age and became INFOpreneurs in 2014 when they went “green” and transitioned their print magazine into digital format. They found they could reach an exponential, worldwide market at a fraction of the time and cost—and they were hooked! They closed their physical offices and began converting their in-person workshops and training programs into information products and online courses.
THE NIGHTMARE/BLESSING: Then, in 2015 they received a proverbial “kick in the pants” to go “all-in” to the online world when Joeel fell ill after traveling overseas. Natalie became his full-time caretaker and their businesses crumbled down around them. They decided they never wanted to be in that situation again, so they dedicated themselves to converting their training, coaching and speaking programs into online courses that would outlive them. Their new business model is based on investing in “the new real estate”, which is creating passive income through building a portfolio of educational content.
Today they have 150,000+ students from 195 countries. They are passionate about sharing their story and inspiring entrepreneurs to monetize their passion and knowledge in this new digital education economy.
Joeel and Natalie Rivera