Why do people think and act the way they do?
Why are some people miserable and others happy for no reason?
How does the human mind work, how do we learn, and how does memory work?
Why does society and the media have so much influence on people?
We’ll cover all of this and more in this Introduction to Psychology course!
The key to unlocking success and happiness in life is UNDERSTANDING YOURSELF—including why you think, feel and act the way you do. The best way to learn about yourself is to understand psychology and then apply it to your own life. In fact, most people who enter the psychology field are initially drawn to it out of an interest in understanding and improving themselves.
Most of human behavior and experience takes place unconsciously, meaning we aren’t aware of WHY we feel or act the way we do. By learning what psychology is and how the human mind works, we become CONSCIOUS of what is taking place INSIDE of us and how this influences what we experience in life. This course teaches the foundation of psychology and provides a framework for understanding yourself AND human behavior in general.
Once you understand the power of your mind, and how it works, you can use it to consciously create the life you desire, as well as help those around you.
This course will also help students enrolled in AP Psychology and college-level Introduction to Psychology courses by providing reinforcement of concepts in a more interesting way with a fun professor! It is also a great course for anyone interested in pursuing a career in psychology.
About the Professor: Joeel A. Rivera is a former Psychology Instructor with over a decade in the field of Psychology. Loved by his students for being “the nutty professor,” he is known for making learning FUN and presenting information in every-day language that is interesting and easy to apply to your life. You can read college students’ reviews at RateMyProfessor.com.
What will you learn?
- Describe key concepts, phenomena, theories and topics in psychology
- Understand more about the field of psychology
- Learn how the human mind works and how you can use the power of your mind to your advantage
- Learn the reasons you think, feel and act the way you do, as well as understand other people better
Who is this for?
- Anyone interested in a greater understanding of themselves
- Anyone interested in human behavior and why people do what they do
- Anyone who wants to use the power of their mind to create the life they desire
- Anyone taking an AP Psychology or college-level Psychology course
- Anyone interested in understanding the field of psychology as a career
- So What is Psychology?
- Powerpoint Slides: Diffrent Approaches to Psychology
- Internal Approaches to Psychology
- External Approaches to Psychology 2
- Powerpoint Slides: Research in Psychology
- Research in Psychology Observational
- Research in Psychology Correlational
- Research in Psychology Experimental
- Powerpoint Slides: Sensation and Perception
- Sensation and Perception
- Powerpoint Slides: Left Vs Right
- Right Brain vs Left Brain
- Powerpoint Slides: Attribution and Impressions
- Attribution and Making Impressions
- Powerpoint Slides: Attitudes and Beliefs
- Attitudes, Beliefs and Actions
- Powerpoint Slides: Social Relations Part 1 Prejudice
- Social Relations 1 Prejudice
- 32 BONUS A Class Divided
- Powerpoint Slides: Social Relations Part 2 Aggression
- Social Relations Part 2 Aggression
- BONUS The Bobo Doll Experiment
- Powerpoint Slides: Conformity and Obedience
- Conformity and Obedience
- BONUS Obedience Experiment
- Powerpoint Slides: Group Influence
- Group Influence
Joeel & Natalie Rivera
Meet the Instructors
About the Instructor
Joeel and Natalie Rivera are professional speakers, trainers, and coaches. Their mission is to provide tools that empower people to ignite their dreams, unleash their potential and fulfill their purpose. Through their company, Transformation Services, Inc., they provide digital content publishing, online courses, and life coach training programs that act as a catalyst for personal empowerment.
Joeel is a former psychology professor with a Master’s Degree in Counseling and Education and is currently completing his dissertation for his Ph.D. in Psychology, with an emphasis on happiness. Using the science of psychology and human potential, they train leading edge entrepreneurs, leaders, life coaches, and individuals how to master the power of their mind and create their destiny.
They are serial entrepreneurs who challenge and inspire others to take their power back through self-employment as INDIEpreneurs, (self-employed freedom junkies). Between the two of them, they’ve started over a dozen businesses, from photography to a non-profit teen coaching center, and from an import business to a holistic virtual office.
They became INFOpreneurs in 2014 when they fully transitioned their print magazine into digital format because they found they could reach an exponential, worldwide market at a fraction of the time and cost. They closed their physical offices and began converting their in-person workshops and speeches into information products and online courses. Then, in 2015 they received a proverbial “kick in the pants” to go “all-in” when Joeel fell ill after traveling overseas. Unable to leave the house, they continued reach and inspire their market by creating 70 online courses in only 3 years, including digitizing their popular life coach training programs and certifications.
Today, they have served 70,000 students from 190 countries.