Become a Certified Emotional Intelligence Life Coach!
Many people believe that intelligence, or IQ (intelligence quotient), is what determines success. However, researchers have consistently found that people with average IQ’s outperform those with higher IQ 70% of the time. So, why is that? It turns out that the missing link in determining a person’s long-term success is emotional intelligence, or EQ. Those average IQ people had high EQ.
Study after study have shown that people with high emotional intelligence:
Have higher levels of performance (for instance high EQ sales representatives outperformed others by 50%)
Have higher levels of productivity (for instance a study of over 40 fortune 500 companies found that programmers in the top 10th percentile of EQ produced software 3 times faster than programmers with low EQ)
Have higher problem solving skills and lower levels of conflict
Are more effective leaders and earn substantially more over their lifetime
This means, that as a life coach, nearly every client you encounter would greatly benefit from developing his or her emotional intelligence.
The good news is that emotional intelligence can be DEVELOPED! It is not a fixed in-born trait (and neither is intelligence for that matter—but we cover that in a different course).
The problem is that for most of us, no one teaches us about our emotions and how they work. No one teaches us that we can have more control over our emotions by developing awareness of our thoughts and feelings.
And that’s why so many people, including life coaching clients, struggle with:
Being overwhelmed by life stress
Getting carried away by negative emotional responses
Feeling stuck when facing challenges
Feeling socially awkward or having troubled relationships
And that’s why we created this course! This complete life coach training program gives you a blueprint for helping your clients develop emotional intelligence, both INTRApersonal intelligence, or understanding of your own emotions, and INTERpersonal intelligence, or understanding of others’ emotions.
In this course, you will learn Emotional Intelligence techniques to use with your clients to help them:
Better understand the cause of their own emotions so they can shift their own emotional state
Catch negative emotions early and avoid triggers, in order to prevent escalation
Reduce and release stress and better cope with life events
Develop healthy empathy so that that can better understand others without being sucked into their emotions
Listen and communicate effectively and tune into non-verbal communication and body language
The skill of emotional intelligence is perhaps the most valuable skill anyone can EVER acquire.
Give yourself and your clients this gift!
- COAHC: A Coaches Crash Course on Emotions
- Biological and Psychological Foundations
- Worksheet Biological and Psychological Foundations Worksheet
- Thoughts Create Emotions
- Worksheet Thoughts Create Emotions
- The Body-Mind-Emotions Connection
- Body-Mind-Emotions DEMONSTRATIONS
- Emotional Scale
- Worksheet Emotional Scale
- Situational Vs Psychological fear
- Worksheet Situational vs Psychological Fear
- Emotional Conditioning
- Worksheet Conditioning
- Accepting Your Emotions
- COACH: Helping Your Client Develop Emotional Awareness
- TEMPLATE - Self-Awareness Process
- Understanding and Recognizing Your Emotions (STEP 1)
- Worksheet Recognizing Emotions
- Practicing Emotional Awareness (STEP 1)
- Worksheet Practicing Emotional Awareness
- What are Emotions Telling You? (STEP 2)
- Identifying Underlying Thoughts (STEP 3)
- Worksheet Identifying Underlying Thoughts
- Identifying Triggers (STEP 3)
- Quality vs Safe Problems (STEP 3)
- Worksheet Quality vs Safe Problems
- Pain and Pleasure (STEP 3)
- Worksheet Pain and Pleasure
- COACH: Helping Your Clients Manage Their Emotions
- TEMPLATE - Managing Emotions
- Momentum: Stopping It Early
- Worksheet Momentum
- Centering Yourself
- Balancing Emotional Responses
- STOP Negative Emotions (with the 5 Second Rule)
- Worksheet Stop Negative Emotions
- Flow: Channel the Energy
- Creating Positive Trigger Phrases
- Worksheet Trigger Phrases
- NLP Restructuring
- Worksheet: Restructuring Your Feelings
- NLP Anchoring
- Worksheet Anchoring
- NLP Happy Anchor
- COACH: Helping Clients Rewire Thoughts and Beliefs
- TEMPLATE - Empowering Thoughts and Beliefs
- Perspective: Reframing Your Thoughts
- Worksheet Perspective
- Changing Limiting Beliefs
- Worksheet Changing Limiting Beliefs
- Affirmations and Incantations
- Worksheet Affirmations and Incantations
- NLP Recoding Your Emotional Memory
- Worksheet Re-coding Your Emotional Memory
- COACH: Helping Clients Reduce Stress
- TEMPLATE - Stress Reduction
- The Importance of Reducing Stress
- Worksheet Stepping Away from the Cliff
- Releasing Stress through Venting
- Worksheet Venting and Stress Reduction
- Tips for Stress Reduction
- Exercise and Stress
- Your 2 Brains: Food and Digestion (Neuroplasticity)
- Progressive Relaxation Meditation
- AUDIO Progressive Relaxation Meditation
- COACH: Helping Your Client Take Back Their Power
- TEMPLATE - Personal Power Motivation
- Take Back Control
- Putting Yourself First
- Worksheet Putting Yourself First
- Confronting Yourself
- Laughing at Yourself
- Practicing Confidence and Certainty
- Worksheet Practicing Confidence and Certainty
- Practicing Hope and Joy
- Worksheet Practicing Hope and Joy
- NLP Changing Your Negative Self Talk
- Worksheet Changing Your Negative Self Talk
- Experiencing UNconditional Emotions
- Worksheet UNconditional Emotions
- COACH: Help Your Clients Improve Relationships
- TEMPLATE - Empowering Personal Relationships
- Why Emotions Are Contagious (Mirror Neurons)
- Worksheet Why Emotions Are Contagious
- Establishing Rapport
- Worksheet Developing Rapport
- Handling Others' Emotions
- Worksheet Handling Others' Emotions
- Developing Empathy
- Worksheet Developing Empathy
- Listening Skills
- Worksheet Effective Listening
- Communication Skills
- Worksheet Effective Communication Techniques
Joeel & Natalie Rivera
Meet the Instructors
About the Instructor
Joeel and Natalie Rivera are a dynamic duo, as a husband-and-wife team, partners in crime, and BFFs! They are freedom junkies and prolific content creators who have been coaching, speaking, writing, and teaching for more than a decade.
Joeel is a former psychology professor with a Master’s Degree in Counseling and Education and is currently completing his dissertation on eudaemonic happiness for his Ph.D. in Psychology. Using the science of psychology and human potential, they train leading edge entrepreneurs, leaders, life coaches, and individuals how to master the power of their mind and create their destiny.
Joeel & Natalie have started more than a dozen businesses, including (in chronological order) imports, photography, non-profit teen center, life coaching, t-shirts, magazine, book publishing, professional speaking, conferences and workshops, holistic virtual office center, online directory, life coach training, online course publishing AND MORE!
They’ve taken what they’ve learned through their successes and (most importantly) failures, and today they run a powerhouse education and publishing company.
JOEEL’S BEGINNINGS: From an early age, Joeel faced adversity, including failing his first year of college and losing his brother to a car accident at the age of 19. This experience transformed his life and instilled a deep sense of purpose by inspiring him to give his brother Daniel’s name a meaning by helping others find their true path.
In 2009, he fulfilled his dream of opening a youth center in honor of his brother. Shortly thereafter, life called him a different direction and Natalie answered a Craigslist ad and took over his position of co-founder of this business.
NATALIE’S BEGINNINGS: After a decade of living a life that wasn’t authentically hers, and developing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as a result, Natalie let go of everything and completely transformed. Through her journey to healing, she rediscovered her true self and greater purpose—to be an entrepreneur and inspire others to transform their lives. Natalie “retired” from the rat race at 24, put herself through school as a freelance designer. Days before graduating college (finally) she answered an ad for a business partner running a non-profit teen center.
JOINING FORCES: While Joeel & Natalie met for only 30 minutes during this transition of ownership, two years later they reconnected and recognized how synchronistically the stars had aligned to bring them together. They joke of the irony of how they “starting the same business, just not at the same time” and they’ve been co-creating in life and business ever since.
JOINING THE INFORMATION AGE: Joeel & Natalie joined the information age and became INFOpreneurs in 2014 when they went “green” and transitioned their print magazine into digital format. They found they could reach an exponential, worldwide market at a fraction of the time and cost—and they were hooked! They closed their physical offices and began converting their in-person workshops and training programs into information products and online courses.
THE NIGHTMARE/BLESSING: Then, in 2015 they received a proverbial “kick in the pants” to go “all-in” to the online world when Joeel fell ill after traveling overseas. Natalie became his full-time caretaker and their businesses crumbled down around them. They decided they never wanted to be in that situation again, so they dedicated themselves to converting their training, coaching and speaking programs into online courses that would outlive them. Their new business model is based on investing in “the new real estate”, which is creating passive income through building a portfolio of educational content.
Today they have 150,000+ students from 195 countries. They are passionate about sharing their story and inspiring entrepreneurs to monetize their passion and knowledge in this new digital education economy.