Joeel & Natalie Rivera
Meet the Instructors
About the Instructor
Joeel and Natalie Rivera are a dynamic duo, as a husband-and-wife team, partners in crime, and BFFs! They are freedom junkies and prolific content creators who have been coaching, speaking, writing, and teaching for more than a decade.
Joeel is a former psychology professor with a Master’s Degree in Counseling and Education and is currently completing his dissertation on eudaemonic happiness for his Ph.D. in Psychology. Using the science of psychology and human potential, they train leading edge entrepreneurs, leaders, life coaches, and individuals how to master the power of their mind and create their destiny.
Joeel & Natalie have started more than a dozen businesses, including (in chronological order) imports, photography, non-profit teen center, life coaching, t-shirts, magazine, book publishing, professional speaking, conferences and workshops, holistic virtual office center, online directory, life coach training, online course publishing AND MORE!
They’ve taken what they’ve learned through their successes and (most importantly) failures, and today they run a powerhouse education and publishing company.
JOEEL’S BEGINNINGS: From an early age, Joeel faced adversity, including failing his first year of college and losing his brother to a car accident at the age of 19. This experience transformed his life and instilled a deep sense of purpose by inspiring him to give his brother Daniel’s name a meaning by helping others find their true path.
In 2009, he fulfilled his dream of opening a youth center in honor of his brother. Shortly thereafter, life called him a different direction and Natalie answered a Craigslist ad and took over his position of co-founder of this business.
NATALIE’S BEGINNINGS: After a decade of living a life that wasn’t authentically hers, and developing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as a result, Natalie let go of everything and completely transformed. Through her journey to healing, she rediscovered her true self and greater purpose—to be an entrepreneur and inspire others to transform their lives. Natalie “retired” from the rat race at 24, put herself through school as a freelance designer. Days before graduating college (finally) she answered an ad for a business partner running a non-profit teen center.
JOINING FORCES: While Joeel & Natalie met for only 30 minutes during this transition of ownership, two years later they reconnected and recognized how synchronistically the stars had aligned to bring them together. They joke of the irony of how they “starting the same business, just not at the same time” and they’ve been co-creating in life and business ever since.
JOINING THE INFORMATION AGE: Joeel & Natalie joined the information age and became INFOpreneurs in 2014 when they went “green” and transitioned their print magazine into digital format. They found they could reach an exponential, worldwide market at a fraction of the time and cost—and they were hooked! They closed their physical offices and began converting their in-person workshops and training programs into information products and online courses.
THE NIGHTMARE/BLESSING: Then, in 2015 they received a proverbial “kick in the pants” to go “all-in” to the online world when Joeel fell ill after traveling overseas. Natalie became his full-time caretaker and their businesses crumbled down around them. They decided they never wanted to be in that situation again, so they dedicated themselves to converting their training, coaching and speaking programs into online courses that would outlive them. Their new business model is based on investing in “the new real estate”, which is creating passive income through building a portfolio of educational content.
Today they have 150,000+ students from 195 countries. They are passionate about sharing their story and inspiring entrepreneurs to monetize their passion and knowledge in this new digital education economy.
Life truly is what we make of it. The stories we tell can either liberate us or enslave us.
The most powerful transformation your can offer your clients—as a life coach, a counselor, a speaker or a teacher—is to help them rewrite the story they tell about their lives and who they are.
We are all natural story-tellers, but our life stories are more fiction than fact. We believe they are real, but they are muddied by our interpretations, the people who influenced us, our limited memories, and the meaning we ascribed to each event. Usually, these stories are unconscious; they are deeply ingrained into our psyche through years of repetition. We tell stories about who we are and what happened to us. We tell stories about others, We tell stories about life.
But these stories aren’t who we are. Most of them aren’t even true. We continue to tell them out of habit. And continuing to carry them around will perpetuate those stories into our future.
But, it doesn’t have to be that way—for you OR for your clients!
Studies have proven that even subtle tweaks to our story can shift our attitude, improve our self-confidence, and redirect our futures. We may not be able to change the past, but we can change how we see it, the story we tell, and therefore how it affects us and who we become.
You may have clients with tremendous potential and drive, but who seem to be held back by limiting beliefs, low self-confidence, and a persistent life story that keeps them stuck in a rut or returning to the same life scripts over and over again. By helping them change how they view their past and re-write their life’s story, you will help them envision a compelling future and see current and future challenges as opportunities.
The activities and tools you will use to transform your life are based on a foundation of neuroscience, psychological principles, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Transactional Analysis.
This course provides everything you need to:
- Create a complete life coaching package on Rewriting Your Life Story
- Receive an official certification as a Life Story Coach
- Understand the psychological principles behind people’s life stories, beliefs and narratives
- Use proven, step-by-step tools and strategies with your clients to help them re-writing their stories, release limiting beliefs, and empower their self talk
- Use principles and exercises from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Transactional Analysis to help clients change life patterns
- This course is taught by three experts in the fields of life coaching, personal development, psychology and psychoanalysis. Our varied experience and perspectives add depth and variety to the program.
- COACH: Psychological Foundations
- COACH Psychological Foundations WORKSHEET
- The Big "Why"
- The Big Why WORKSHEET
- Conformity and Social Influences
- Conformity and Social Influences WORKSHEET
- Understanding Schemas
- Schemas WORKSHEET
- Conditioned Beliefs
- Conditioning WORKSHEET
- Understanding Confirmation Bias
- Confirmation Bias WORKSHEET
- How Memory Impacts Your Story
- Neuroplasticity and Neurogenesis
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Submodalities & Re-coding
- NLP Submodalities WORKSHEET
- COACH: Identity & Beliefs
- COACH Identity and Beliefs WORKSHEET
- Identifying Your Life Movie Script (IMPORTANT)
- Identifying Your Life Movie Script WORKSHEET
- Identity: Archetypes
- Archetypes WORKSHEET
- Other Identities
- Other Identities WORKSHEET
- Three Ego States WORKSHEET
- Identifying Hidden Beliefs
- Hidden Beliefs WORKSHEET
- Questioning Your Limiting Beliefs
- Questioning Your Beliefs WORKSHEET
- COACH: Rewriting Your Story
- COACH Rewriting Stories WORKSHEET
- Releasing Attachment to Your Story
- Attachment to Your Story WORKSHEET
- The Power of Pain and Pleasure
- Pain and Pleasure WORKSHEET
- Accepting What Is
- Accepting What Is WORKSHEET
- COACH: Rewriting Stories Part 2
- COACH Rewriting Stories Part 2 WORKSHEET
- Reframing Your Story (IMPORTANT)
- Reframing Your Story WORKSHEET
- Uncovering the Lies Activity
- Uncovering the Lies Activity WORKSHEET
- Changing Your Beliefs
- Changing Beliefs WORKSHEET
- Identifying What You WANT
- Identifying What You Want WORKSHEET
- COACH: Movie Activity with Your Clients
- COACH Movie Activity WORKSHEET
- Rewriting Your Life Movie Script (IMPORTANT)
- Rewriting Your Life Movie Script WORKSHEET
- COACH: Accountability and Planning
- COACH Accountability and Planning WORKSHEET
- The Circle of Control
- Circle of Control WORKSHEET
- Willpower: Removing Cues & Triggers
- Willpower Cues and Triggers WORKSHEET
- Creating a Reward System
- Creating a Reward System WORKSHEET
- Making Life Changes that Reflect Your New Story
- Creating Life Changes WORKSHEET
- Accepting Other People's Stories
- Accepting Other People's Stories WORKSHEET