Joeel & Natalie Rivera
Meet the Instructors
About the Instructor
Joeel and Natalie Rivera are professional speakers, trainers, and coaches. Their mission is to provide tools that empower people to ignite their dreams, unleash their potential and fulfill their purpose. Through their company, Transformation Services, Inc., they provide digital content publishing, online courses, and life coach training programs that act as a catalyst for personal empowerment.
Joeel is a former psychology professor with a Master’s Degree in Counseling and Education and is currently completing his dissertation for his Ph.D. in Psychology, with an emphasis on happiness. Using the science of psychology and human potential, they train leading edge entrepreneurs, leaders, life coaches, and individuals how to master the power of their mind and create their destiny.
They are serial entrepreneurs who challenge and inspire others to take their power back through self-employment as INDIEpreneurs, (self-employed freedom junkies). Between the two of them, they’ve started over a dozen businesses, from photography to a non-profit teen coaching center, and from an import business to a holistic virtual office.
They became INFOpreneurs in 2014 when they fully transitioned their print magazine into digital format because they found they could reach an exponential, worldwide market at a fraction of the time and cost. They closed their physical offices and began converting their in-person workshops and speeches into information products and online courses. Then, in 2015 they received a proverbial “kick in the pants” to go “all-in” when Joeel fell ill after traveling overseas. Unable to leave the house, they continued reach and inspire their market by creating 70 online courses in only 3 years, including digitizing their popular life coach training programs and certifications.
Today, they have served 70,000 students from 190 countries.
We’ve been told lies about our emotions:
- Emotions are bad or that we’re not supposed to express them.
- We should trust them—trust our gut—but, wait, no—emotions are irrational and shouldn’t be trusted
- Emotions are something that happens TO us and, therefore, they’re outside of our control.
The truth is that you CAN control your emotional state—avoid the unwanted ones and purposefully create the ones we want. Just think about an astronaut—the HAVE to learn how to control their mind, emotions and body in order to handle the extreme stress of living in space. And if they are human beings and can develop this ability, so can you.
In fact, the skill of emotional self-control is perhaps the most valuable skill you can EVER acquire.
Being able to cope with and prevent high intensity stress, anxiety and fear unlocks our greatest abilities, frees us to go for our wildest dreams, and is a powerful factor that is often overlooked when comparing those who are successful at achieving their dreams and those who are not.
For most of us, in our homes and schools, no one teaches us about our emotions and how they work.
No one teaches that WE can control our emotions using the power of our own mind to become aware of our thoughts and feelings and so unlock the ability to choose our emotions and direct the content of our lives.
No one teaches us that lack of emotional management is what leads to drama, suffering, addiction, and poor decisions…. And that if we learn to control our emotions we can avoid these things.
And that’s why we’ve created this course. We’ll focus on 3 of the most undesirable emotions—uncertainty/insecurity, anxiety/worry, fear—and how you can use emotional awareness and self-control techniques to take back control of your emotions and feel better now.
We’ll teach you what your emotions REALLY mean, how to recognizing them, and how to direct them in a way that allows you to move toward your life goals
We’ll teach how to get out of your head and become the observer of your emotions as they happen, so you can avoid being hijacked by your own brain and feel in control again.
In this course, you will learn:
- What emotions are and how they work
- How to recognize and identify your emotions
- How to direct your thoughts, giving you the power to direct your emotions
- How to re-frame your thoughts to find the blessings hidden within the pain
- How to take back your power and putting yourself first
- Stress reduction techniques to make every day more enjoyable
- Proven tools for preventing emotional loss of control
- Techniques to de-escalate anxiety and fear
- NLP (neuro linguistic programming) techniques to rewire emotional reactions and anchor positive emotions
- How to cope with challenges using humor and other self-empowerment techniques
- How to develop feelings of self- confidence and certainty
- How to master feeling hopeful and joyful
Who is this course for?
- You’re experiencing UNCERTAINTY in your life and want to feel confident and at ease.
- You’re STRESSED OUT and want tools to cope with the ups and downs of life and perform better under stress.
- You experience ANXIETY, FEAR, or WORRY and you want to learn how to prevent and de-escalatethese emotions.
- You are tired of feeling like your emotions are outside of your CONTROL.
- You no longer want to experience DRAMA, fighting or emotional turmoil in your life.
- You want to understand your emotions, how they work, and how you can manage them.
- You want to learn how to take control of your thoughts, avoid negative, compulsive THINKING and silence your inner critic
- You’re a life coach, counselor, social worker, teacher, nurse or parent who wants to HELP OTHERS learn to take control of their emotions.
So, who are we:
We are Joeel & Natalie Rivera.
We both have over a decade in the field of education, psychology, social service and life coaching. Joeel has a Master’s Degree in Counseling and Education and is finishing his dissertation for his PhD in Psychology with an emphasis on happiness. He is also a former psychology instructor. We have over 30,000 students from 170 countries. We have worked with thousands of individuals and we’ve observed clearly that the content of people’s thoughts and focus influence their emotional state, which then influences their behavior and the results and outcomes they experience in their lives. We have each also had experiences in life that have pushed us to learn how to understand, identify and influence our own mental and emotional states—and our ability to control our emotions is directly responsible for the success we have created in life. In this course, we teach you everything we have learned through our own experiences, as well as through what we’ve learned from our clients, our research, our careers and our education.
- What Are Your Emotions Telling You?
- Present Moment Awareness
- Present Moment WORKSHEET
- Present Moment Process
- Present Moment Process WORKSHEET
- Recognizing Your Emotions
- Recognizing Emotions WORKSHEET
- Identify Underlying Thoughts
- Identifying Underlying Thoughts WORKSHEET
- Changing Beliefs
- Changing Beliefs WORKSHEET
- Identifying Triggers
- Mirror Neurons
- Mirror Neurons WORKSHEET
- Behind the Scenes: Identifying the Root Source of Emotions
- Behind the Scenes WORKSHEET
- Putting Yourself First
- Putting Yourself First WORKSHEET
- Affirmations and Incantations
- Affirmations and Incantations WORKSHEET
- Confronting Yourself
- Becoming a Student of Yourself
- Humor: Laughing At Yourself
- Humor WORKSHEET
- Pain and Pleasure
- Pain and Pleasure WORKSHEET
- Trigger Phrases
- Trigger Phrases WORKSHEET
- Practicing Confidence and Certainty
- Practicing Confidence and Certainty WORKSHEET
- Practicing Hope and Joy
- Practicing Hope and Joy WORKSHEET
- Experiencing UNconditional Emotions
- Unconditional Dreams WORKSHEET