How we protect your privacy and data.
We’ve broken this policy down into different sections so you can better understand what areas are applicable to you.
1. What We Do Not Do with Your Personal Information
- We do not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies (other than to specific Transformation Academy customers you may be interacting with) for the marketing of their own products or services.
- Transformation will never share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, aside from the online course platform or website where our courses are hosted (Thinkific.com) or as described in Section 6 below.
We do not knowingly provide services or sell products to children. If you are below the age of 16, you may use our website only with the permission and active involvement of a parent or legal guardian. If you are a minor, please do not provide us or other website visitors with any personal information and do not use this website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
3. Collecting Personal Information from Customers
Your privacy is important to us! Below is the information we collect from our customers.
In order to offer our Services, we need to collect information from our customers. Here is a summary of the information that we collect from our customers and what we do with it:
- We collect the name, email, and any other personal information from our customers. Name and email are needed to allow individuals to access our Services for processes such as processing enrolments, authentication, or otherwise administering our courses. This information is given on a voluntary basis when a customer uses or accesses our Services, for example when a customer visits a Transformation Academy site, enrolls in a course, or signs up for an account on a Transformation Academy site.
- As a student progresses through our course(s) we collect information about how they interact with the course, including but not limited to, their progress through the course, quiz scores, survey results, discussion or forum contributions and other student activities.
- Some transactions may involve payment by credit card, debit card, checks, money orders, and/or third party online payment services. In such transactions, we will collect information related to the transaction as part of the course of doing business with you, including a billing address, telephone number, and other information related to the transaction.
4. Information from Transformation Academy Website Visitors
- We collect information from visitors to the Transformation Academy website. We collect information such as when you visited, the website from where you came prior to visiting us, the website where you go when you leave our website, your computer’s operating system, location data, and the type of web browser that you are using.
- We also collect Personal Information submitted by you via any messaging or email feature available from any of our websites.
- From telephone support users, we collect your name and phone number.
- From support users (people who email us for support), we collect your name, email address, location, Transformation Academy site address, and email conversation with a Transformation Academy representative.
- We use this information to provide and enhance our Services (including servicing your account, if applicable), and answer any questions you may have.
5. Information from Cookies and Similar Tracking Technology
We collect cookies or similar tracking technologies. This means information that our website’s server transfers to your computer. This information can be used to track your session on our website. Cookies may also be used to customize our website content for you as an individual. If you are using one of the common Internet web browsers, you can set up your browser to either let you know when you receive a cookie or to deny cookie access to your computer.
- Opting out: You can opt out of targeted ads served via specific third-party vendors by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page.
- We may also use automated tracking methods on our websites, in communications with you, and in our products and services, to measure performance and engagement.
- Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser
6. Information that We Share with Third Parties
Transformation Academy works with third parties to help provide you with our Services and we may share Personal Information with them to support these efforts. In certain limited circumstances, we may also be required to share information with third parties to conform to legal requirements or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also receive Personal Information from our partners and third parties.
- Personal Information may be shared with third parties to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- Personal Information may be shared with third-party vendors to help us conduct marketing and/or advertising campaigns.
- Personal Information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding. If this happens, we will post a notice on our homepage.
7. Terminating Your Relationship with Us
- We will continue to store archived copies of your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law.
- We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
8. Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- We follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other Personal Information entrusted to us. Our information security systems apply to people, processes, and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
- We exclusively process payments through PCI DSS Level 1 payment providers, which is the highest level of compliance available.
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information.
9. Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
Transformation Academy works with merchants and users around the world, including in the EEA. Please note that as part of our service, we may transfer your personal information to other regions, including to Canada and the United States.
Additionally, if you are located in the EEA, you have certain rights under European law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data. In order to exercise these rights, please reach out to us using the contact information below.
See the Data Processing Addendum Below.
10. User Names and Passwords
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the username and password confidential. Do not give your password to anyone. If you enter a section of our website that requires a password, you should log out when you leave. As a safety precaution, you should also close out of your web browser completely and re-open it before viewing other parts of the Internet.
11. Correcting Your Information
If you are a learner/student and would like to access, change, or delete your personal information please contact us.
We may use autoresponders to communicate with you by e-mail. To protect your privacy, we use a verified opt-in system for such communications and you can always opt-out of such communications using the links contained in each autoresponder message.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website, including the illegal acts of third parties (such as criminal hacking).
Transformation Services, Inc.
611 S. Fort Harrison Ave, #179
Clearwater, FL 33756
Data Processing Addendum
This Transformation Academy Data Processing Addendum (“Addendum”) amends the Transformation Academy Terms of Service (the “Agreement”) by and between you and Transformation Academy.
(a) “Data Protection Legislation” refers to European Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC, and any legislation and/or regulation implementing or made pursuant to them, or which amends or replaces any of them (including the General Data Protection Regulation, Regulation (EU) 2016/679);
(b) “Data Processor”, “Data Subject”, “Processor”, “Processing”, “Subprocessor”, and “Supervisory Authority” shall be interpreted in accordance with applicable Data Protection Legislation;
(c) “Personal Data” as used in this Addendum means information relating to an identifiable or identified Data Subject who visits or engages with or participates in your online course or site (a “Learner”), which Transformation Academy Processes as a Data Processor in the course of providing you with the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing sentence, Personal Data does not include information that Transformation Academy processes in the context of services that it provides directly to a consumer, and
(d) All other capitalized terms in this Addendum shall have the same definition as in the Agreement.
2. Data Protection
2.1.Where a Data Subject is located in the European Economic Area, that Data Subject’s Personal Data will be processed by Transformation Academy based in Canada. As part of providing the Services, this Personal Data may be transferred to other regions, including to Canada and the United States. Such transfers will be completed in compliance with relevant Data Protection Legislation.
2.2. When Transformation Academy Processes Personal Data in the course of providing the Services, Transformation Academy will:
- 2.2.1. Process the Personal Data as a Data Processor, only for the purpose of providing the Services in accordance with documented instructions from you (provided that such instructions are commensurate with the functionalities of the Services), and as may subsequently be agreed to by you. If Transformation Academy is required by law to Process the Personal Data for any other purpose, Transformation Academy will provide you with prior notice of this requirement, unless Transformation Academy is prohibited by law from providing such notice;
- 2.2.2. notify you if, in Transformation Academy’s opinion, your instruction for the processing of Personal Data infringes applicable Data Protection Legislation;
- 2.2.3. notify you promptly, to the extent permitted by law, upon receiving an inquiry or complaint from a Data Subject or Supervisory Authority relating to Transformation Academy’s Processing of the Personal Data;
- 2.2.4. implement and maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, theft, alteration or disclosure. These measures shall be appropriate to the harm which might result from any unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, damage or theft of Personal Data and appropriate to the nature of the Personal Data which is to be protected;
- 2.2.5. notify you promptly upon becoming aware of and confirming any accidental, unauthorized, or unlawful processing of, disclosure of, or access to the Personal Data;
- 2.2.6. ensure that its personnel who access the Personal Data are subject to confidentiality obligations that restrict their ability to disclose the Customer Personal Data; and
- 2.2.7. upon termination of the Agreement, Transformation Academy will promptly initiate its purge process to delete or anonymize the Personal Data. If you request a copy of such Personal Data within 60 days of termination, Transformation Academy will provide you with a copy of such Personal Data.
2.3 In the course of providing the Services, you acknowledge and agree that Transformation Academy may use Subprocessors to Process the Personal Data. Transformation Academy’s use of any specific Subprocessor to process the Personal Data must be in compliance with Data Protection Legislation and must be governed by a contract between Transformation Academy and Subprocessor.
3.1 In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the provisions of the Agreement and this Addendum, the provisions of this Addendum shall prevail. For avoidance of doubt and to the extent allowed by applicable law, any and all liability under this Addendum, including limitations thereof, will be governed by the relevant provisions of the Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that Transformation Academy may amend this Addendum from time to time by posting the relevant amended and restated Addendum on Transformation Academy’s website (https://www.Transformation Academy.com/resources/dpa/), and such amendments to the Addendum are effective as of the date of posting. Your continued use of the Services after the amended Addendum is posted to Transformation Academy’s website constitutes your agreement to, and acceptance of, the amended Addendum. If you do not agree to any changes to the Addendum, do not continue to use the Service.
3.2 Save as specifically modified and amended in this Addendum, all of the terms, provisions and requirements contained in the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect and govern this Addendum. If any provision of the Addendum is held illegal or unenforceable in a judicial proceeding, such provision shall be severed and shall be inoperative, and the remainder of this Addendum shall remain operative and binding on the parties.
3.3 The terms of this Addendum shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. The parties irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia with respect to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Addendum.